September 5, 2008

Obama Embraces Reality; Will McCain Follow His Lead?

Just ran across this on kos. I'm sure Tye will have much more to say about it than I will (or can), but I am very pleased with the responses Obama made to the ScienceDebate 2008 questionnaire. The questions addressed climate change, stem cell research, Math and Science education, defense research, healthcare and several other areas, but this is the line that got me excited.

I will restore the basic principle that government decisions should be based on the best- available, scientifically-valid evidence and not on the ideological predispositions of agency officials or political appointees.
After the anti-science, ideology worshipping we have seen from the Bush Administration and its appointees in areas of science and public health, some professional integrity in these crucial fields will be a welcome change.

I can't wait to see McCain attempt to answer these questions without destroying either his batshit-crazy, Religious Right street-cred or his appereance of sanity by attempting to appease their flat earth ideology. Should be fun to watch.

I bet Palin's responses would be hilarious.

Sphere: Related Content

0 comments: