July 29, 2008

Evolve - Eyes

Tonight on the History Channel the first episode in a new series is coming on Evolve: Eyes.
They are one of evolution's most useful and prevalent inventions.
Ninety five percent of living species are equipped with eyes and they
exist in many different forms. Learn how the ancestors of jellyfish may
have been the first to evolve light-sensitive cells. Discover how
dinosaur's evolved eyes that helped them become successful hunters.
Finally, learn how primates evolved unique adaptations to their eyes
that allowed them to better exploit their new habitat, and how the
ability to see colors helped them find food.
I'm going to record it and check it out, hopefully I'll enjoy it more than it will anger me, these types of shows seem to do it to me with their overgeneralizations and inaccurate story lines. The History Channel though has pretty high standards and I am looking forward to checking this one out.

Sphere: Related Content

0 comments: